- No access to the register of directors or founders (trust)
- No public access to the data of shareholders or beneficial owners (OBO)
- Under the Seychelles Constitution, it is prohibited by law to disclose or make available any data outside Seychelles to any third party.
Why Seychelles is the right jurisdiction for you?
No data to third parties, more than 200,000 offshore companies, OECD whitelisted
- Location: between 4 and 10 degrees south of the equator in the Indian Ocean
- About 1500 km from the east coast of Africa
- Time zone: GMT+4
- Population: around 100,000 ([current_date format='Y'])
- Capital: Victoria
- Airport: Seychelles International Airport
- Language: English, French and Creole are official languages, although English is the main language of business.
- Political system: Democratic Republic
- International dialling code: +248
An International Business Company (IBC) of Seychelles is the most versatile and flexible way of setting up a business, worldwide. Similar to other offshore countries, the Seychelles IBC is well known and popular for its international use and operational capability.
Since the introduction of the Seychelles International Business Companies Act in 1994, over 200,000 companies were incorporated in Seychelles. The number of new registrations per month is more than 1000 and should: "why Seychelles?", answer.
An overview for the IBC of Seychelles
|Seychelles Income Tax and Company Tax
|Doing business internationally
|Doing business within the Seychelles
|IBC formally considered as resident in Seychelles
|Official language / Language of documents
|Yes, from USD 100 to USD 100,000
|Minimum paid-in capital
|No deposit required
|Minimum number of directors
|Minimum number of members (shareholders)
|directors of companies
|Registered agent and address in Seychelles
|register of directors
|Available, but not publicly viewable
|register of members
|Register of Members filed for public record
|Disclosure of beneficial owners to the Registrar
|Disclosure of beneficial owners to the registered agent
|Holding of the Annual General Meeting
|Directors / Members Meeting
|Worldwide, also possible online
|Company minutes and resolutions
|Yes and to be kept at the place of the Director
|Retention of accounting records
|Access to double taxation agreements
|Subject to currency controls / restrictions
|Resettlement of a foreign company in the Seychelles
|Resettlement of a Seychelles company abroad
Things to know about the Seychelles
- Tax base for locals/residents: territorial (i.e. the tax is levied only on 'accessible income', i.e. income derived from Seychelles).
- Business tax for local companies, not Offshore3-33% (up to Rupee 1 million p.a. only 3%)
- Personal income tax: 15% (effectively a payroll tax as it is only levied on remuneration paid by companies in Seychelles)
- Capital gains tax: 0%
Seychelles is in good standing with international regulatory bodies such as the OECD's Global Tax Forum and the Financial Action Task Force. Seychelles is committed to the OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) initiative. Seychelles is an early adopter of the OECD Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and has entered into a Model 1 Inter Governmental Agreement (IGA) with the US for FATCA.
GDP growth in 2019 was 3,57%.
State: [current_date format='F, Y']