Scans of documents and not older than 3 months
What do you accept as proof of address?
An Proof of address is any document that contains the name of the founder and whose address is visible on it. If a copy is provided, it must be a good, legible copy. They must not be photographs of documents. It must be a color, or B&W scan created through a mobile scanner app, such as Scanner Pro or similar, or of a flatbed scanner. PDF documents created online are also allowed. (e.g. a download of a bank statement or a utility bill etc. as a PDF).
We usually accept the following documents, some of which are uncertified, as proof of address
(But we only need ONE of them, NOT all of them!)
(The following list and each sub-item always represents a "or" it must not all be provided, only one of the address proofs of the sub-items)
- Utility bill (gas, electricity, water, landline phone, but NOT cell phone).
- bank or building society statement
- Credit card statement from VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Diners
- Photocopy of your driver's license, on which your name and an address should be clearly visible
If you have a certified Send copy, please copy the front and back of the document
- Letter from a consular officer or higher, from your embassy or the police
This letter must bear the official stamp or seal and the name and signature of the official
- A national identity card issued by the government with the address of registration, front and back
- Letter or confirmation of address from the residents' registration office or the city council
- Affidavit from a court in English or French confirming the address
- Notarial letter in English or French confirming the address
Please make sure that the documents you send us as proof of address are not older than 3 months.
You can find more and further information in our Lexicon/Glossary or in the IBC Act.